|Yellow squash/Zucchini Fall Comfort food!|
Happy Fall everyone!
Enjoy this easy to make dish as a light dinner at slightly cold nights of Fall! Believe me! It warms you inside and makes you fall into a deep sleep!Use whatever vegetable you have in the fridge and make it even better!
2 medium yellow squash
1 medium zucchini
1 medium potato
4 tbs of ricotta cheese ( or whatever shredded cheese available)
0.5 cup milk
McCormick Steak Seasoning(Contains black pepper) & Salt to taste
Parsley for topping
Aluminum foil (to cover the pan)
Here's the secret of this recipe: The thinner the faster!
Slice all vegetables paper-thin. You can use a very sharp knife to do this. The thinner the slices are, the faster your delicious creation would be ready to eat!
1. First thing: Preheat oven to 400 F. (If you do it later,no surprise it gets longer to be baked !)
2. Slightly grease an oven pan with olive oil (I used a 5* 9 pan).
3. Cover the pan with half of the vegetables and top with seasoning and salt (as much as you wish).
4. Top with half of the cheese( You are welcome to add more cheese if you're not on a diet!)
5. Add remaining vegetables and top with salt and seasoning and the rest of cheese.
6. Pour milk , cover with foil & put in the oven for 30 minutes.
7.Check the potatoes! If baked, uncover the pan and "Broil" for 2 minutes to get crispy on top.
7. Top with parsley and serve hot!
Wasn't that easy?